I was the maintainer of this package at the upstream vendor from 2004 through 2010. I am currently an upstream developer at the Apache Spamassassin project. These RPM packages I personally use in production on my RHEL5 and RHEL6 servers. I roll my own packages for software updates of the anti-spam stack because the upstream vendor moves too slowly. These packages should work on RHEL, CentOS and Scientific Linux.
How to Install My Packages
If you are using Fedora, you don’t need any of this as Fedora has adequate versions of all these packages by default.
- Install epel-release as EPEL contains required prerequisites.
- yum install spamassassin pyzor perl-Razor-Agent
- Download and upgrade to RPM Packages for [EL-5] [EL-6]
- In some cases you may need to grab new dependencies from EPEL for your OS.
- Follow the tips in the Ultimate Setup Guide to tweak your configuration.
Notes for EL-5
EL-5 has spamassassin-3.2.x which is quite old and dangerously unmaintained. You should upgrade EL-5’s spamassassin to this new packaged 3.3.x. It contains the excellent SOUGHT channel, PSBL and sa-update enabled by default along with thousands of other improvements since spamassassin-3.2.x.
Notes for EL-6
You may need to install additional packages like perl-Mail-SPF to upgrade to this package.
Questions? Please e-mail me or post a comment.